General Post Operative Instructions
1. Do not drive or operate hazardous machinery until further notice from your doctor.
2. Do not make important personal or business decisions for AT LEAST 24 HOURS.
3. Do not drink ANY alcoholic beverages while taking your medication.
4. Eat light foods (jello, soup, etc.) as much as you can tolerate without making your stomach upset.
5. Drink as much water or carbonated beverages (Coke Classic , 7-Up, etc.) without upsetting your stomach.
6. If your bandages become soaked with red blood, place another dressing pad over your bandages. DO NOT REMOVE THE ORIGINAL BANDAGE!!!!!!!!!! Call your surgeon for future instructions. A small amount of bright red blood is to be expected.
7. Limit your activities until your doctor advises you otherwise. Keep your activities light.
8 Report the following signs, or any questions regarding your physical condition to your surgeon immediately:Excessive swelling on or around the wound area; Excessive redness; Temperature of 100 F. or above.
9. Call your doctor's office to confirm a postoperative appointment.
URGENT OR EMERGENCY CALLS WILL BE ANSWERED BY THE ANSWERING SERVICE EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS AND WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE DOCTOR.