General Pre-operative Instructions
1. Make arrangements for someone to stay with you for at least 24 hours after the surgery.
2. If you develop any symptoms of a cold, cough or infection prior to surgery, call this office immediately to notify us.
3. DO NOT SUNBATHE the operative area for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery or one month following surgery.
4. DO NOT TAKE ASPIRIN for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery. Check the labels of any medication that you may take to see if aspirin is one of the ingredients. Tylenol or any other brand of acetaminophen may be taken if pain relief is needed. DO NOT TAKE FOR TWO WEEKS AFTER SURGERY.
5. On the night before surgery, shower, bathe and wash your hair. Do not use hair spray or other hair styling products.
6. DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT PRIOR TO SURGERY. You may, if you wish, have a light snack or glass of juice around 10:00 P.M. the night before surgery.
7. On the morning of surgery:
- Wash but do not use any creams or cosmetics.
- After brushing your teeth, take care not to swallow any water.
- If you normally take medications in the morning, ask if you should take them prior to surgery.
- Wear a robe or other garment that buttons or zips up. DO NOT WEAR ANYTHING THAT MUST BE PULLED OVER YOUR HEAD. Do not wear boots. Wear flat shoes or slippers. Do not wear jewelery or bring valuables with you. Bring any postoperative garments instructed by Dr. Corbin with you.
8. If you find it necessary to cancel or postpone your surgery, please notify this office at least 2 weeks prior to surgery.
9. Please familiarize yourself with your postoperative instruction sheet.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS BEFORE OR AFTER SURGERY, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL OUR OFFICE AT (562) 691-1209 or (310) 284-8384